A Host is responsible for managing the guest atmosphere to Chihuahua Charlies’ service standards. Additionally, they are expected to exhibit teamwork throughout the restaurant.
- Able to meet Chihuahua Charlies’ guest service standards
- Answers phones; communicates with callers politely with proper phone etiquette
- Maintain specific side-work and closing duties as required
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Personal hygiene is essential
- Complies with established sanitation standards, dress code, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- The employee is required to stand, walk, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and twist for 4 to 12 hours a day.
- The employee is required to push, pull, or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills, and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures
Position Type & Hours
This is variable position. Days and hours of work are dependent upon employee availability, staffing needs, and competence of the job. Scheduled meetings are considered mandatory without explicit approval. Shifts will often begin and end outside general hours of operation and can fall between the hours of 7 a.m. and 12 a.m. Hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A current Texas food handler card is required and must be maintained for the duration of employment
- Must be at least 16 years of age
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.