The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards, and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud. Additionally, they are responsible for various cleaning duties on the property.
- Prepares food served using established procedures
- Sets up/breaks down stations at the beginning/end of each day; restocking as needed
- Complies with established sanitation standards, dress code, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item. Rotates items
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to manager
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and modified orders
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
This job operates in a kitchen environment, housed with equipment such as an oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, fryers, grill, salamander, griddle, mixer, and chef’s knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, hot oil, raw meat, fire and noise. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- The employee is required to stand, walk, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and twist for 4 to 12 hours a day.
- The employee is required to push, pull, or lift items weighing 50 pounds or less
- The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
Position Type & Hours
This is a variable position. Days and hours of work are dependent upon employee availability, staffing needs, and competence of the job. Scheduled meetings are considered mandatory without explicit approval. Shifts will often begin and end outside of general hours of operation, and can fall between the hours of 6 a.m. and 1 a.m. Hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Prior experience in a related food service position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- A current Texas food handler card is required and must be maintained for the duration of employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.